Grilling USA Rules
KINGSFORD GRILLING.COM TAILGATE BOWL SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C., 18 YEARS AND OLDER.
1. HOW TO ENTER: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 29, 2012 and ends at 11:59 pm ET on December 10, 2012 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). During the Sweepstakes Period, visit www.grilling.com, and follow the onscreen instructions to register and enter (also referred to as “check-in” on the promotional website) via the following methods:
a.) For Entry into the Weekly Drawing: Two ways: i) Online – entrant will receive one entry each week into the Weekly Random Drawing when he/she enters online. Entry must include either a photo upload of entrant’s own photo that “Shows Us What You are Grilling for Game Day” or entrant may select from one of the photos on the website. When submitting entrant’s own photo, the following requirements apply: maximum size of photo is 1 MB, and the following photograph formats are acceptable: .jpg, .bmp, .png or .gif. For purposes of this promotion, a week begins on Monday and ends on Sunday except for the first week that begins on Wednesday and ends the following Sunday (5 days) and the final week that begins on Monday and ends the following Monday (8 days).
Each photograph submitted must be different. By submitting a photograph, entrant hereby grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable, perpetual license to use, copy, edit, reproduce, publicly display, broadcast, transmit, distribute, publish and sublicense the photo in any and all forms of media now known or hereafter created for any and all lawful purposes, including but not limited to use on Sponsor’s website and social media platforms. By submitting a photograph, entrant confirms that entrant has obtained all permissions for complete use of name and likeness of all represented individuals (including parental or legal guardian’s permission if individual is a minor). Entrant agrees that all individuals, props and locations featured in the photograph do not violate any 3rd party trademarks or copyrights and if featured in any and all media will not receive compensation.
Photos may be subject to a 24-48 hour review following submission, and if reviewed only approved submissions will be displayed in the photo gallery. Photographs submitted will have no bearing on entrant’s chance of winning.
Limit one entry per week per email address/person via this entry method.
Photo must not disparage Sponsor, Administrator or any other person or party affiliated with the Promotion;
Photo must not feature brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor;
Photo must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
Photo must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
Photo must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Photo is created.
ii) By Sharing (available only after entrant completes an Online entry): You will receive one additional entry into the weekly drawing when you ‘Share’ the sweepstakes with a friend using the Share Functionality on the website. Limit one additional entry per week per email address/ person via this entry method. There is a maximum of up to two entries per email address/person
per week into each weekly drawing;
b.) For Entry into the Grand Prize Drawing: You will automatically receive one entry into the Grand Prize drawing each time you enter a weekly drawing either online or by Sharing. There is a maximum of up to two entries per email address/person per week into the Grand Prize drawing;
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry, except employees, officers, directors and agents of The Clorox Company (“Sponsor”), Promotions.com, LLC (“Judges”),
Bkwld, Disruptive Media, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, sales representatives, wholesalers, distributors, printers, and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), and members of the immediate families (parent, child, sibling and spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and households of each, whether or not related, who are not eligible to enter or win a prize in the sweepstakes. Void where prohibited. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. RANDOM DRAWINGS: Potential weekly winners will be selected in random drawings beginning on or about September 3, 2012 with the final drawing on or about December 11, 2012 from among all eligible entries received the week prior. The potential Grand Prize winner will be selected in random drawing beginning on or about December 11, 2012 from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Drawings will be conducted by Judges whose decisions are final and binding. Odds of winning any drawing depend upon number of eligible entries received for each drawing. Potential Grand Prize winner will be contacted by mail and will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and a Publicity Release (unless prohibited) within seven (7) days of date of notification or prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner selected. First Prizes will be shipped to winners within 4 – 6 weeks following the drawings. Failure to return any required documents within the specified time period, the return of any prizes or prize notifications as undeliverable, Sponsor’s inability to contact a potential winner in a reasonable time period or noncompliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate
winner will be selected.
4. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARVs”): One (1) Grand Prize: to include a Pitmaker Grill (ARV: $10,000) and $1,000 to be used towards the purchase of meat and shipping fees from Snake River Farms (ARV $1,000). Total Grand Prize retail value is $11,000. Fifteen (15) First Prizes (one per week): Prize package to include one of each of the following: meat branding iron (ARV $30.00), tailgating cooler (ARV $70), tailgating chair (ARV $30.00), Corn Hole Game (ARV $70.00), Kingsford t-shirt (ARV $15), Kingsford Koozie (ARV $1) 8.3 lb. bag of Kingsford Charcoal Coupon (ARV $6.99), 18 oz. bottle of KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce
Coupon (ARV $2.50), and 16 oz. bottle of KC Masterpiece Marinade (ARV $2.50). Weekly Prize total ARV: $227.99. Total value of all prizes is $14,419.85. No substitutions or transfers of prizes permitted by winners. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Note that prize images shown on the promotional website may differ from the actual prizes to be awarded. Limit one (1) First Prize per email address and per person. All federal, state and local taxes as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the responsibility of winners.
5. GENERAL RULES: By entering sweepstakes, entrants accept and agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Judges, which shall be final and binding in all matters. By entering, entrants agree to release and hold Promotion Parties harmless
against any and all claims and liability arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the sweepstakes or use/misuse or acceptance of a prize. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its designees’ to use winners’ names , likenesses, images (and biographical information) and photo point for advertising, marketing, promotional and other purposes in any and all media now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. Promotion Parties are not responsible for lost, late, garbled, incomplete, undeliverable, damaged, stolen,
misdirected, illegible or delayed points; or for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP) connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this sweepstakes, or for any errors, problems or malfunctions of any kind whether caused by computer, network, technical, mechanical, printing, typographical or human error or otherwise relating to or in connection with this sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors, problems or malfunctions which may occur in connection with the administration of the sweepstakes, the processing of points, the announcement of the prizes or in any sweepstakes-related materials. Promotion Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the sweepstakes. Promotion Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website. If, in the Judges’ opinion, there is any suspected evidence of tampering with any portion of the sweepstakes, or if virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or technical difficulties compromise the integrity, security or proper play of the sweepstakes, the Judges reserve the right to modify or terminate the sweepstakes, at the Judges’ sole discretion. If terminated, Judges may, at their discretion, award the prizes in a random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible points received up to time of such action. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the point process, or who disrupts the administration of this sweepstakes, who intends to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor representative or who is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules and void all associated points.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION
OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED
BY LAW. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an online point, the point will be deemed to be submitted by the name appearing on the online point form.
6. CONDITIONS AND LIMITS OF LIABILITY: As a condition of entering this sweepstakes, each entrant agrees: (1) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses as set forth in subsection 3 below, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; (2) This sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflicts of law principles and any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively before a Court of competent jurisdiction located within the County of Alameda, California; (3) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in entering this sweepstakes and in no event will entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees, or any other costs; and (4) participant shall be bound by these Official Rules.
7. WINNERS’ LIST: For names of the winners, available after January 11, 2013, send a self-addressed, stamped (#10) envelope to: Kingsford Grilling.com Tailgate Bowl Sweepstakes – Winners List, P.O. Box 329, Elmhurst, IL 60126. Requests received after December 11, 2012 will not be honored.
SPONSOR: The Clorox Company, 1221 Broadway, Oakland, CA, 94612.
ADMINISTRATOR: Promotions.com, LLC, 18 West 21st Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10010